Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Congratulations Miss Angola!

Last night, Miss Angola won the title of Miss Universe.  My mom had her picked from the top 10, but I really thought Miss Philippines had a good chance.  Here are the top 5's questions:

  • Nude beaches are common in some parts of the world. Is public nudity appropriate or inappropriate and why?
  • If you could change one of your physical characteristics, which one would it be and why?
  • If you could trade lives with anyone in history, who would it be and why?
  • Would you change your religious beliefs to marry the person you love? Why and why not?
  • What would you do to avoid fighting a war that you did not agree with it?
It got me super excited for Miss Michigan coming up in just a few more weeks!

169
No, not the number of days until the pageant.  That is my total cholesterol level!  I have never gotten it checked before and the MI Pharmacists were offering free screenings.  So, I thought it would be nice to know how I'm doing. 


I knew that this would likely involve some blood being removed from my body and I thought I could handle that if I had a cookie and water on hand.  I was wrong.  Very very wrong.  I passed out and need 2 more cookies and one more bottle of water before I could go back to my office.  Embarrassing. 

I am glad, however, that I got it checked.  I know now that I am in the desirable cholesterol level range!  WooHoo!  Oh yeah, here is the pic of the nearly fatal wound...



Yes, embarrassing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment